CL3 Firmware V2.04 (from V1.61 and older) (Previous version)
Please use this file when updating CL5/3/1 to V2.04 directly from V1.61 or earlier. Please read the following instructions before updating.
* When updating to V2.04 from V1.70 or later. Use the "CL5/3/1 Firmware V2.04 from 1.70 and later" when updating.
Copy files "CL_SUBP_V202.BIN", "MCLP2_03.PGM" and "C-MD1.BIN" to the root directory of the USB memory. Follow the instructions on the update guide.
Before copying files, delete all files with extension .PGM and .BIN if any exists in the root directory of the USB memory.
CL and QL Series use different files when updating, but both files use the same name "C-MD1.BIN". Therefore, an error may occur during update when the incorrect "C-MD1.BIN" file is used or left in the root directory.
- Please do not use the EEE function (*) of network switches in a Dante network.
- Although power management should be negotiated automatically in switches that support EEE, some switches do not perform the negotiation properly. This may cause EEE to be enabled in Dante networks when it is not appropriate, resulting in poor synchronization performance and occasional dropouts.
Therefore we strongly recommend that:
- 1. If you use managed switches, ensure that they allow EEE to be disabled. Make sure that EEE is disabled on all ports used for real-time Dante traffic.
- 2. If you use unmanaged switches, make sure to not use network switches that support the EEE function, since EEE operation cannot be disabled in these switches.
- * EEE (Energy Efficient Ethernet) is a technology that reduces switch power consumption during periods of low network traffic. It is also known as Green Ethernet and IEEE802.3az.
- You need to update the Dante-MY16-AUD firmware to V3.3.9 or later before using the Dante-MY16-AUD with the CL series firmware V1.51.
- Dante Firmware Update Manager v18.104.22.168 included in zip files for CL/R series firmware V2.04 does not support Mac OS X 10.6.8.
Please use Mac OS X 10.7.5, 10.8.5 or 10.9.
- The Dante Firmware Update Manager v22.214.171.124 for Windows, included in the zip files for CL series firmware V2.04 does not support Windows XP. Please use Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1
- When updating, perform the update as described in the “CL5/CL3/CL1 Update Guide.” You do not need a Dante firmware updating when you update from the CL firmware V1.70 or later. Additionally, delete all files with extensions .PGM and .BIN, if any, in the root directory of the USB memory.
Yamaha CL series Firmware Update Overview
CL/QL/RIVAGE/R/Tio Series Editor/Firmware/R Remote Compatibility
Please make sure to use appropriate version of CL Editor or QL Editor which is compatible with your console firmware in reference to the following compatibility chart. Using an unsupported Editor/firmware combination may result in unexpected behavior.
The Firmware Set is a set of main (and sub) firmware of the device and the Dante firmware. The version of Firmware Set is the same as the version of the main firmware. Refer to the release note of each firmware about the details of the Firmware Set.
Main Revisions and Enhancements
V2 New Features
- The TOUCH AND TURN function assigned to one of the USER DEFINED knobs enables you to control the fader in the FADER field of the SELECTED CHANNEL VIEW screen.
- You can now insert two devices into a single channel or bus.
- If GC (Gain Compensation) is enabled, you can link the digital gain to the analog gain operation.
- You can now access the channels assigned to a DCA group simultaneously through the fader banks.
- You can now assign the Stereo/Mono bus master, Mix bus master, and Matrix bus master channels to a DCA group.
- You can now unmute a muted channel in the mute group temporarily.
- Recall Safe parameters are now linked for linked channels.
- Now supports the Mix Minus function, which removes a specific channel signal from the signals sent to the MIX/MATRIX buses.
- You can now create a read-only scene memory.
- You can now compare the sound before and after gain adjustments during GEQ operations.
- You can now view the gain reduction meters for Dynamics 1 and 2, as well as other information, on the channel name display.
- Now supports Yamaha Console Extension V2.0.
- New functions have been added that can be set for GPI OUT.
- New functions have been added that can be assigned to the USER DEFINED keys, the USER DEFINED knobs and the assignable encoders (GAIN/PAN/ASSIGN knobs).
- Now supports a latency value of 2.0msec for Dante.
- Now supports the QL series firmware V1.08.
- For details, refer to the CL Firmware V2.0 supplementary manual.
- Now supports Ro8-D SYNC, SYSTEM indicators.
- In the 8ch popup window of the SELECTED CHANNEL VIEW screen, you can now use the [SEL] keys to switch channels that are displayed.
- When you initialize the unit, the initial setting of the WORD CLOCK is now changed to DANTE 48k in order to be synchronized to the same clock between devices in the system where multiple CL/QL units are used even with the initial settings.
- When you initialize the unit including the Dante audio network setting or updated the firmware, the initial setting of "Preferred Master" is now changed to ON. In addition, this setting is now not affected by the console setting and restart, but can be changed on Dante Controller software when needed. With the initial setting, if you change the word clock setting to other than DANTE for a CL/QL unit, the console will preferentially become the clock master, which would prevent clock errors. If needed, you can manually select the clock master on Dante Controller by enabling "Preferred Master" on a single device (the others off), which is always powered on while the system is operational.
Fixed bugs in V2.04
- Solved a problem of the CL firmware V2.03 in which signals were not sent from STEREO MASTER channels to MATRIX buses, when you inserted into the channels post-fader.
- Solved a problem in which the output signal changed in 1dB steps, if you adjusted the parameter TOTAL in 0.1dB steps by rotating the knob while pressing and holding it down, when M.BAND DYNA. or M.BAND COMP. was selected as the effect type.
- Solved a problem of the CL firmware V2.03 in which the setting for DCA ROLL-OUT and FADER BANK SNAPSHOT of USER DEFINED keys and for OUTPUT LEVEL and RECORDER of the USER DEFINED knobs were not reflected, when you loaded the ALL DATA or USER KEY.
- （CL3 only）Solved a problem of the CL firmware V2.03 in which the channel color indicators of CH1-8 did not light, when you calibrated for adjusting the channel color.
- Solved a problem of the CL firmware V2.03 in which the popup window was not correctly displayed, when you need to update by the "C-MD1.BIN" file.
- Solved a problem in which discrepancies might occur in the positions of the faders, if you recalled a scene while operating faders of the channel that Recall Safe was applied to.
- If the Dante Virtual Soundcard (DVS) is patched to the CL series device using Dante Controller, the patching may not be recalled correctly when the CL series device is restarted. Patch DVS again. In addition, when using a version of DVS for Windows that is older than v3.2.0, the patch after CH41 cannot be performed from CL series consoles.
- If the SECONDARY PORT setting (REDUNDANT/DAISY CHAIN) of the Dante audio network would not change while the Dante device is not connected with Dante PRIMARY/SECONDARY connectors, no audio signal will pass. Audio will once again pass after the Dante device is connected of after the power for CL has been restarted.
- Loading of a file created by version V1.15 or older will not include the mount information of Dante devices other than any connected R-series. It is the same when recalling a DANTE INPUT PATCH LIBRARY. Please reset MOUNT, PATCH, and DANTE INPUT PATCH Library data using V1.51 or later if necessary.
- When setting up the latency in Dante Controller, and there is a discrepancy in latency with the transmit device or the receive device, the largest (slowest) latency setting becomes effective.
- The following device labels are used for detecting a SUPPORTED DEVICE.
# is a three-digit hexadecimal number containing the digits 0 - 9 and uppercase A - F (000 - FFF)
*indicates any desired character (alphabetical uppercase or lowercase, numerals, or -(hyphen) may be used) Up to 31 characters including the 'Y' are supported.
For the R-series, make sure that the ID indicated by Y###- is not duplicated by any other R-series unit, even if it is a different size.
- You can use the Console File Converter V2.3.0 for the CL firmware V1.70 and also the CL firmware V2.04
Licensaftale og download fil
PLEASE READ THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT ("AGREEMENT") CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SOFTWARE. YOU ARE ONLY PERMITTED TO USE THIS SOFTWARE PURSUANT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. THIS AGREEMENT IS BETWEEN YOU (AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR LEGAL ENTITY) AND YAMAHA CORPORATION ("YAMAHA").
BY DOWNLOADING OR INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE OR OTHERWISE RENDERING IT AVAILABLE FOR YOUR USE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, COPY, OR OTHERWISE USE THIS SOFTWARE. IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED OR INSTALLED THE SOFTWARE AND DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, PROMPTLY DELETE THE SOFTWARE.
GRANT OF LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Yamaha hereby grants you the right to use the programs and data files composing the software accompanying this Agreement, and any programs and files for upgrading such software that may be distributed to you in the future with terms and conditions attached (collectively, “SOFTWARE”), only on a computer, musical instrument or equipment item that you yourself own or manage. While ownership of the storage media in which the SOFTWARE is stored rests with you, the SOFTWARE itself is owned by Yamaha and/or Yamaha’s licensor(s), and is protected by relevant copyright laws and all applicable treaty provisions.
- You may not engage in reverse engineering, disassembly, decompilation or otherwise deriving a source code form of the SOFTWARE by any method whatsoever.
- You may not reproduce, modify, change, rent, lease, or distribute the SOFTWARE in whole or in part, or create derivative works of the SOFTWARE.
- You may not electronically transmit the SOFTWARE from one computer to another or share the SOFTWARE in a network with other computers.
- You may not use the SOFTWARE to distribute illegal data or data that violates public policy.
- You may not initiate services based on the use of the SOFTWARE without permission by Yamaha Corporation.
Copyrighted data, including but not limited to MIDI data for songs, obtained by means of the SOFTWARE, are subject to the following restrictions which you must observe.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be used for any commercial purposes without permission of the copyright owner.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be duplicated, transferred, or distributed, or played back or performed for listeners in public without permission of the copyright owner.
- The encryption of data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be removed nor may the electronic watermark be modified without permission of the copyright owner.
If any copyright law or provisions of this Agreement is violated, the Agreement shall terminate automatically and immediately without notice from Yamaha. Upon such termination, you must immediately destroy the licensed SOFTWARE, any accompanying written documents and all copies thereof.
If you believe that the downloading process was faulty, you may contact Yamaha, and Yamaha shall permit you to re-download the SOFTWARE, provided that you first destroy any copies or partial copies of the SOFTWARE that you obtained through your previous download attempt. This permission to re-download shall not limit in any manner the disclaimer of warranty set forth in Section 5 below.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY ON SOFTWARE
You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the SOFTWARE is at your sole risk. The SOFTWARE and related documentation are provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AS TO THE SOFTWARE, EXPRESS, AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YAMAHA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YAMAHA’S ENTIRE OBLIGATION HEREUNDER SHALL BE TO PERMIT USE OF THE SOFTWARE UNDER THE TERMS HEREOF. IN NO EVENT SHALL YAMAHA BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EXPENSES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF YAMAHA OR AN AUTHORIZED DEALER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. In no event shall Yamaha's total liability to you for all damages, losses and causes of action (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) exceed the amount paid for the SOFTWARE.
THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE
Third party software and data ("THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE") may be attached to the SOFTWARE. If, in the written materials or the electronic data accompanying the Software, Yamaha identifies any software and data as THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, you acknowledge and agree that you must abide by the provisions of any Agreement provided with the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE and that the party providing the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE is responsible for any warranty or liability related to or arising from the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. Yamaha is not responsible in any way for the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE or your use thereof.
- Yamaha provides no express warranties as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. IN ADDITION, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
- Yamaha shall not provide you with any service or maintenance as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
- Yamaha is not liable to you or any other person for any damages, including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, expenses, lost profits, lost data or other damages arising out of the use, misuse or inability to use the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS NOTICE:
The Software is a "commercial item," as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (Oct 1995), consisting of "commercial computer software" and "commercial computer software documentation," as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Sept 1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.72024 (June 1995), all U.S. Government End Users shall acquire the Software with only those rights set forth herein
This Agreement shall be interpreted according to and governed by Japanese law without reference to principles of conflict of laws. Any dispute or procedure shall be heard before the Tokyo District Court in Japan. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any portion of this Agreement to be unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to use of the SOFTWARE and any accompanying written materials and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding the subject matter of this Agreement. No amendment or revision of this Agreement will be binding unless in writing and signed by a fully authorized representative of Yamaha.
- Previous versions information
- CL3 Firmware V5.01
- CL3 Firmware V5.00
- CL3 Firmware V4.51
- CL3 Firmware V4.50
- CL3 Firmware V4.10-2
- CL3 Firmware V4.04-2
- CL3 Firmware V4.02
- CL3 Firmware V4.01
- CL3 Firmware V4.00
- CL3 Firmware V3.11-2
- CL3 Firmware V3.10
- CL3 Firmware V3.02 (from V1.70 and later)
- CL3 Firmware V3.02 (from V1.61 and older)
- CL3 Firmware V2.04 (from V1.70 and later)
- CL3 Firmware V2.04 (from V1.61 and older)
- CL3 Firmware V2.03
- CL3 Firmware V1.70-2
- CL3 Firmware V1.61